Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Products that messed up the game

        Some of the worst hair products and why          
                so here we are again and I can honestly say damn.








I found myself shopping for some hair shampoo and when I got in Walmart  there was an overwhelming amount of choices. I was on the verge of getting my garnier frutice as mentioned in my previous post but something told me to check out the ingredients. So there I was for about 30 minutes looking up ingredients in the shampoo isle. I swear people must have thought I was an investigator of some sort because the dirty looks I got were awful. 
So, while I was looking, I began to notice that in almost 90% of the shampoo's contained sodium chloride as the first ingredient.
Now I don't know about the rest of mankind but for me, I know I don't want pool cleaner in my hair. For goodness sakes, it may be great for cleaning the pool, but it breaks my hair off beyond acceptance.  I also noticed a few other things such as :



  • Sodium Lauryl Sulfate 
  • Methylisothiazoline 
  • Propylene Glycol
  • Diethanolamine a.k.a DEA
  • Polyethylene Glycol A.K.A PE
  • Salicylic Acid               

While sodium chloride is not the only thing in shampoo that can cause serious repercussions, the labs just keep putting things in them. 

Some may look at this list ad think.... What are these. Well I would like to explain them to you. In no particular order, peg-polyethylen glycol is one of the first ingredients in antifreeze  you know the stuff in your car. Just imagine for a second going to the store and shopping for different brands on antifreeze to wash your hair with...WTF? 


Dea has been linked to many different cancers and it is not unlikely when you are washing your hair, the shampoo gets into the bloodstream and its all south from there.

Now that I have scared the mess out the the majority of my readers, its time to proceed.

What I found instead of buying anything from Walmart was Pure Castile soap by DR. Organics. The ingredients are all natural and it smells great. I always wondered why I bother buying things with ingredients that I couldn't even pronounce. That's the glory of manufactures and products sellers. They can sell you anything if it looks right. It doesn't even have to make any sense.  With the castile soap there are a variety of oils like hemp seed, tea tree, Shea butter, rosemary oil and soap base.  
While I am still trying to figure out what it is that works I have learned quite a bit in the process. Some products that I may never use again because of the contained bit of ingredients are 
Design essentials.... Its sad cause my hair kind of liked it
African pride.....You will never have my money again
Designer Touch.... The shampoo absolutely sucks
And the list goes on
What I will do is look for more natural alternatives and keep wearing my protective styles while my hair gets back to the get back!!!!
Please subscribe to my blog and check out this video before leaving!!!


Here is another one of my videos great reviews for Bestlace wigs. They have a great selection of human and synthetic full lace and lace front wigs. Super fast shipping and customer service rocks.
































No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense