Friday, November 16, 2012

Ingredients to soft manageable hair

                                    So today I would like to share a wonderful recipe that got me through the day.

This mixture of products may not work for everyone but do give it a try. What works for me may not always work for another.
Are you ready?

What you will need, 
a small to medium mixing bowl
a hand electric mixer
1/2 cup of coconut milk
2 table spoons of coconut oil
1 teaspoon olive oil
Essential oil- I use hazelnut oil but any oil will suffice.


Everything can be altered as you may need less or more.
I am giving out the measurements for one time usage.\
Now when you have finished combining everything in the bowl, use your electric beater to mix everything all together. When you are done (I mix for about 10-20 minutes occasionally hand stirring with a spoon) The consistency of the mix should resemble that of a thick but creamy texture. If it is to soupy, then you should then prompt to add more coconut oil. Also take care not to melt the coconut oil as it acts as a paste forming everything together.

After you have the consistency that you want, you should then apply the base to your hair, going from root, to end. Rap you hair in a shower cap or leave it out as you desire. This should stay in your hair for about 15-20 minutes then wash it out with a good natural shampoo.
If you are to use it as a conditioner, I would suggest washing your hair first, applying the base after you have washed your hair and rinsing it out gently.
Why this?
I have been looking for a conditioner that was natural and contained no stripping agents nor silicone bases. I did not want the hassle of further damage to my hair being that I had just No chemical straightened it last week.  With the feeling of missing my curls the decision came to fix my locks back to normal.
Soon, I will be posting my natural hair gel that I have been experimenting on. The right level and consistency are the last kinks that I have to work out, but by next week, it will be up.


No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense