Sunday, November 25, 2012

Transition to natural

                  Transitioning was never meant to be easy, nor does it happen over night. In order to truly be successful with your natural hair goals, you must learn your hair and figure out what works for you. Trying new products and tricks can be a great thing, but too much of it can also leave your hair in a bad state of shock.
Recently I had just performed the big chop. It was not something that I wanted to do, just a mere fantasy that I had toyed with in my mind for some time, however there are many benefits to "starting over". In my case, I had noticed a large amount of breakage and unattractive transparency in my hair. My hair was thick all the way up to the middle, and  thin down to the ends. This can go un noticed if I were to use a flat iron or straightener agents, but going natural, and transitioning are too different things and to "natural" there should be no heat involved.
To my point, I cut it all off. At least half way and it feels great. It is not to short,  but it is not to long.
Now after chopping off my locks, I will find what truly works for this hair and stick to it. 

Signs that you may need to start over....
Chopping is mostly a choice made off of influence. Others claim how beneficial it is, so you now see it fit for yourself. This does not have to be.... after all, what works for me may not work for you. 
If you feel that you may want to cut it all off, first look for alternatives. There is always something else you can try to save your hair; but if all else fails, chop it.
To obtain healthy and natural hair without chemicals, you can utilize a variety of oils and protective styles to maintain a better state of natural. If it is simply easier to just cut it look for these signs then decide for yourself.

  1. Heavy breakage- this can almost always be fixed with a simple trim.
  2. Thinning in you ends
  3. Chemical damage
  4. heat damage
rough dry ends-these are the ones that feel brittle to the touch, and 
show no results with moisturizing.

Whatever the path you choose, make sure it is for you. The only one who can make the transition is you and remember that when or if you make the big chop choice, do it right.
You are cutting it for a reason. That reason is mainly based off of healthier hair.
With that being said, starting over is so that you can treat you hair right. So if you love that flat iron, do not be tempted to straighten it because it grew. Let it keep growing !!!.

No comments:

Post a Comment

adsense